Mar 5, 2005

Mardi Gras Krewe of Barkus

Beginning our first Parade...
My new Mardi Gras Krewe friend after the Parade




Thanks for the beads but I would rather have treats...

Meet the Giant Turtle that was trying to escape to the sea...
For our first and only Mardi Gras Krewe of Barkus and Meoux parade, it was a fun walk to the Strand but oh were the streets crowded with people.  The viewers kept encroaching on the pet parade and got me a little nervous.  The crowds were crazy for us and beads.  The police and motorcycles came blaring down the street to keep the crowds back.  But they used their sirens that hurt my ears...  Why did you have to use sirens... do they not know that dogs have sensitive ears?

I loved the giant Marmot.  He was behind me walking --too cool.  (the man was in a ferret costume)
Cats were in cages being pulled by their owners, and miniature horses were there too (like my size).  

The family said that due to the crowds and the police sirens, that this would be our last parade.  The next year we just viewed it from the sidelines.